Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Patch 3.3 ?
Remnants of Chaos > Alterac valley realm (PVP) > General chat
God Realm
i dont know if that's true but some people hear that "Some time in the next 2 weeks blizzard will put out a patch for the battle.net conversion. Read this next part carefully.

Patching will NOT allow you to connect to ANY private server. DO NOT PATCH"

i guess blizzard wants to get rid of all privates server >.>
wangsta
SRSLY ? O_O
optical
This is a rumour but i believe it to be correct
sizor
QUOTE (God Realm @ Nov 6 2009, 12:17 PM) *
i dont know if that's true but some people hear that "Some time in the next 2 weeks blizzard will put out a patch for the battle.net conversion. Read this next part carefully.

Patching will NOT allow you to connect to ANY private server. DO NOT PATCH"

i guess blizzard wants to get rid of all privates server >.>

The end has come
Akunaba
AMG Damn u blizzard!! >:(
Kastin
It´s just a rumor yet. We can just sit and wait. And we all know some smart asshat will find a hole or make one if live Blizzard close the doors for private servers.
sherm
I R SCARED
Scandal
Don't patch the server up to 3.3, fairly simple.

But we will lack new things that are released.
WICKEDSICK
QUOTE (Scandal @ Nov 6 2009, 08:37 PM) *
Don't patch the server up to 3.3, fairly simple.

But we will lack new things that are released.

If they do close private servers, im with you. Staying at 3.2.2
Allynab
Thats good. At least now blizzard wont make pvp even more retarded for private servers with every pack and expansion.
Allynab
Thats good. At least now blizzard wont make pvp even more retarded for private servers with every pack and expansion.
Marklar
No problem. We'll just need some cracks or methods to play on private servers, a simple realmlist-change won't be enough. Don't worry, it's too early to tell what's gonna happen to private servers.
zerox13
Don't worry people... There is gonna be private server's for Blizzard games again... a day someone find the hole in blizzard's system and make a private server biggrin.gif
Swiftbladez
QUOTE (Allynab @ Nov 6 2009, 04:17 PM) *

Double post dude, btw i will stay here no matter what, but the problem is... We will never get pvp fixed ?? We might have to switch to custom items, but there is still a loophole, if someone finds out the weapons etc. on retail, they can program them into here....right ? -----------------v plz tell me if my own made sig is good btw smile.gif?
Nepenthe
And we'll be back to the basics, Vanilla and BC.

FINE FOR ME; CAN WE GO ALRDY?
southward
Fine with me as well.sure we wont see the new stuff but never really do see most of it working anyways on privates.It will juts give opti more time to correct issues with the current patch hopefully.Id rather have the same content at 95% than new content at 50% just my opinion though.
Isnt
this battle.net conversion should have nothing to do w/ anything about private goin gone. there are many private servers on SC and d2 etc, and 70% of those accounts are battle.net
Ice Hawk
QUOTE (zerox13 @ Nov 6 2009, 06:13 PM) *
Don't worry people... There is gonna be private server's for Blizzard games again... a day someone find the hole in blizzard's system and make a private server biggrin.gif

Ya im sure there's a hole in it if this is true, because there are private servers for basicly every MMO and the creaters have tryed to stop this but have always failed.
juxti
bliz are just greedy ;D
optical
QUOTE (Isnt @ Nov 7 2009, 02:35 PM) *
this battle.net conversion should have nothing to do w/ anything about private goin gone. there are many private servers on SC and d2 etc, and 70% of those accounts are battle.net

This is a new protocol, now the bnetd protocl for SC, war3, war2 and diablo.

Its probably going to be rolled out on the old games, but its certainly going to be pushed on to SC2 and Diablo 3.

As for implementation, it will vary game to game, but yeah, at this stage im unsure on what they've done exactly.
Isnt
QUOTE (optical @ Nov 6 2009, 10:37 PM) *
This is a new protocol, now the bnetd protocl for SC, war3, war2 and diablo.

Its probably going to be rolled out on the old games, but its certainly going to be pushed on to SC2 and Diablo 3.

As for implementation, it will vary game to game, but yeah, at this stage im unsure on what they've done exactly.

tbh opti, the only thing that you should be worried about if you are to be worried about anything, is the sueing from profits you get, but considering there are hardly any donaters this shouldnt be a problem. Overall, i think blizz is just bluffing.
altox
QUOTE (Isnt @ Nov 7 2009, 08:23 AM) *
tbh opti, the only thing that you should be worried about if you are to be worried about anything, is the sueing from profits you get, but considering there are hardly any donaters this shouldnt be a problem. Overall, i think blizz is just bluffing.

Blizzard doesnt bluff anymore.they did in the past and now they are sick of it.
i believe this rumour.
venoma333
Yep, i believe this aswell. For the past 4months i played on Blizz i checked the forums almost everyday, and there was some srs shit about Pivate servers. How it's not fun to 1shot illidan or to fight him with no scripts. Or to crash in a min or so and all the asslickers tehre were OK with that >.<
Lolistab
Blizzard shutting down private servers ? Lol.. I bet the first week they "implement" this shit someone will find a hole. Nice try blizzard, you arn't that good. Theres some greasy dork already doing research on how to get through.. lollolol
God Realm
QUOTE (Lolistab @ Nov 7 2009, 05:07 PM) *
Blizzard shutting down private servers ? Lol.. I bet the first week they "implement" this shit someone will find a hole. Nice try blizzard, you arn't that good. Theres some greasy dork already doing research on how to get through.. lollolol

hehe ^^ lets hope so...
Doomyah
I just wanna know why they havent just deleted the Realmlist tongue.gif problem solved?! Gawd...how easy it is.. Anyways i will patch up when i get my Pandaren Monk and Lil' K.T biggrin.gif
Isnt
QUOTE (venoma333 @ Nov 7 2009, 04:38 AM) *
Yep, i believe this aswell. For the past 4months i played on Blizz i checked the forums almost everyday, and there was some srs shit about Pivate servers. How it's not fun to 1shot illidan or to fight him with no scripts. Or to crash in a min or so and all the asslickers tehre were OK with that >.<

they just dont want any profit for the private servers to get i think.
zilas
tbh im hoping all this shit just wont ever happen..
zerox13
QUOTE (zilas @ Nov 8 2009, 02:33 AM) *
tbh im hoping all this shit just wont ever happen..

You are nothing without Funserver? biggrin.gif
Doomyah
QUOTE (zerox13 @ Nov 8 2009, 11:38 AM) *
You are nothing without Funserver? biggrin.gif

Funservers? Seriously theres alot of other servers which does stuff...

That actually is more fun than playing the same retail over and over...
If im right Blizzard would loose customers because of this..

Since hardcore peeps have no other place to test new spells/or just chillin' on a GM server and build stuff.... Think about that, as i said in my last post? Why would Blizzars shutdown Private Servers for good when they could do it in the start?

Grnbarsgoup
QUOTE (Lolistab @ Nov 7 2009, 10:07 AM) *

finding a whole in the programing probably wont be hard, finding a Whole in thier crack team of lawyers is going to be the hard part. if they want privite servers shut down i have no doubt theyll sue every one, just to get the message across.
Jesse
Ok since my uncle works for blizzard, i just want to make some clarifications.

This patch 3.3 has nothing to do with not allowing you to go on private servers. I don't know who started the rumor, but it is indeed going to allow you to still play them.

Even if they did do that, you can still hack patches..which basically means you run a file, and it allows you to play private servers.

So no one should be worried, it's not going to happen, hope i clarified some things up, and you all should feel better now tongue.gif
venom
Naw private servers will still be accessible hex editing is very easy YOU have to have a connection in ANY GAME they always put it in the exe. and if its not in the exe it will be a data folder would take me about 10-40 mins to find when they patch ill let optical know what to do.
zilas
QUOTE (Jesse @ Nov 8 2009, 11:35 PM) *
Ok since my uncle works for blizzard, i just want to make some clarifications.

This patch 3.3 has nothing to do with not allowing you to go on private servers. I don't know who started the rumor, but it is indeed going to allow you to still play them.

Even if they did do that, you can still hack patches..which basically means you run a file, and it allows you to play private servers.

So no one should be worried, it's not going to happen, hope i clarified some things up, and you all should feel better now tongue.gif

Awesome
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.