Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bug-1-Power word shield
Remnants of Chaos > Alterac valley realm (PVP) > Bug reports
bigbac
1): Does this bug effect everyone, my class, my character, or other?
This effects my class
2): Can i play without this bugged feature?
Nop
3): Does the bug give me an unfair advantage or disadvantage
Disandvantage

Power word shield same as ice barrier does, fire wall and frost wall do not stack with spell power this is gamebreking for priests abosrbing 2.5k dmg with 2800sp cmon i abosrbed more then that on lvl 70 on retail.
optical
works as intended, scales with sp, this in in your imagination. Speak to icelina, he advoated this heavily, till i ran tests with him and proved it.
bigbac
Well opti i maded savage priest abosrbing 2564 dmg and my full furious/Relentless absorbing also 2564 how can that be possible then?
asetas
Opti, it isnt working as intented. My disc priests bubble absorbs fearly more in retail than it does here with around 1800 SP. My bubble holds around 6.5 k in retail and here when I did try it it did brake on about 2k. So my conclution is that something is diffinetly wrong
kazzy
opti, they are right. power word shield is not scaling with sp.

i am a full relentless priest and it doesnt stack with sp so it gets dispelled really fast.
thespion
check combat log, my ice barrier for example with 2400 sp should absorb 5200 damage roughly with the calculation base absorbtion + ( Spell power * 0.8067) So 3300 + (2400 * 0.8067) = 5136.08

If i check combat log while some one is meleeing me it absorbed 5700 roughly.

Are you guys checking how much its actually absorbing in your combat log or just saying how much it says in the tooltip or how quickly the buff dissapears.

because the tooltip is not displaying the correct ammount it absorbs its only showing base amount.
asetas
QUOTE (thespion @ Oct 12 2009, 06:25 PM) *
check combat log, my ice barrier for example with 2400 sp should absorb 5200 damage roughly with the calculation base absorbtion + ( Spell power * 0.8067) So 3300 + (2400 * 0.8067) = 5136.08

If i check combat log while some one is meleeing me it absorbed 5700 roughly.

Are you guys checking how much its actually absorbing in your combat log or just saying how much it says in the tooltip or how quickly the buff dissapears.

because the tooltip is not displaying the correct ammount it absorbs its only showing base amount.

I personally did the math - Going to redo the math and see if I have missed / added something by mistake
bigbac
Well i have no idea about barrier but i know for a fact that power word is bugged and this is 100% my power shield with 2.8k sp gets brake by 1 warrior white hit.
Kursh
iv already explained how and why absorption shields are bugged in a thread about the exact same spell...

brb finding it....

Armor and damage reduction effects (Resi, resists, etc) are taking place after shield absorption and not before.

Absorb effects apply after damage reduction effects, including armor. (Note this includes ALL absorption affects like PW shield / VW sacrifice and Sacred Shield effect)

http://www.wowwiki.com/Power_Word:_Shield

Bracketed is something i tacked on because their absorption page is really small and undetailed.

There you go, why all these shields are so damn weak against melee but still decent against casters.

Basically whats happening is that absorption bubbles are like level 80 dummies with 0 armor 0 resi and 0 all resists.

What SHOULD be happening is > Damage is received > Damage is affected by defensive stats > Absorption takes place > Strength of absorption reduces by whatever amount it should be > Player takes damage if shield is broken.

l2search god damnit.
optical
I guess i'll have to post some screenshots. Kursh, i believe i ave applied that fix now.
thespion
Brilliant biggrin.gif
Gnomerizer
Well, I just checked some of my logs. My priest has 2.7k sp, my shield absorbed some 4k-ish without borrowed time, 5k-ish with borrowed time, i had improved pw:s in both cases. I read on wowhead a priest should have that with 2k sp, so i think theres something amiss, though i cba to do a decent math on it.

Edit: get ur priest in pw:s and go ffa and attack full geared retardins with ur staff. They're gonna bubble and run away. Trufax.
bigbac
Melee classes are still destroying absorption effects way to quickly, it appears that nothing has changed. I'l do further testing and provide useful information in the future regarding this issue when i have the time.
(happy?)
Kursh
QUOTE (bigbac @ Oct 18 2009, 11:29 AM) *
Bump bumb bump bump still bugged again warrs doing 10k mses palas i dont even wanna talk about theyr dmg on me..

What an intelligent mind capable of forming a useful post would say: "Melee classes are still destroying absorption effects way to quickly, it appears that nothing has changed. I'l do further testing and provide useful information in the future regarding this issue when i have the time."
kazzy
yeh kursh is right
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.