Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Constantly 3day ban for doing homework.
Remnants of Chaos > Alterac valley realm (PVP) > Support And reports
John
Ok guys listen, i was doing my homework i'm 19 years old i got a 3 day ban i mean couldn't of been for no reason, i logged on another char, and talked to him for a while, i mean i really like this server. and i don't think i deserve to get a 3 day ban seriously. on retail they would message you before they would ban you. like saying "" are you there "" if not you'll be banned. they would give you 2 minutes to respond, i know this server is all about av and bg's ect. but i do not think it's complete right to ban me, i think thats kinda wrong, thats me being honest. but either way i can't change the fact of how you guys all do your job and you guys do it correctly but i got no warning or anything i was there actually playing the char, then i would switch back to make the report. then go afk for a few mins then switch back... i got no message from any gm saying i was getting banned or anything.. so i mean if you could atleast discuss this with me would be awesome i told the gm i would never do it again, because i read the rules and it don't say anything about "" sitting afk for 3 mins then switching back to play for a few then switching back... if it would say that i wouldn't have gone afk. i have been gm on 4 different server's now and on every server "" all pvp "" it was not allowed to afk. but to afk for like 2 mins then play then switch back just like on retail was allowed, i mean i wrote the gm like right after i got kicked from the server. logged on my rogue to speak with him, he said to make a post on the forums so thats what i'm doing. i mean if i got kicked for like 30 mins then message'd him i would understand the i saw it say " u got disconnected and i log back in your char as been locked " but i mean if you could please respond would be so awesome. thanks!!! biggrin.gif keep up the good work on the server i love it.

Warrior name who got locked [Constantly]
Icelina
Doing something else than playing WoW with a character online hiding behind a wall in Lumbermill casting something every 3 minutes just not to go AFK and leech Gold is banable. Next time when you "do your homework" exit WoW or simply let the char go AFK. You werent "playing for 3 minutes" you were just shouting yourself not to go AFK.

First screenshot - 1:47
Second - 1:58 ( 11 minutes later )

John
i was not shouting my self, i told you that ingame sir, and you know it.. i just died and popped there, went afk for a second to do some more of my homework.

and i switched back and i was locked.
Icelina
"Went afk for a second" you were there for nearly 20 minutes or more. And yes you werent shouting, you were using Berserker Rage.
TheDarkGod
I actully have to agree with this guy. Asking him before doing anything would be a nice choice.

But also leeching is bad so theres a 50/50 right there. So i suggest the ban should be reduced to 36 hours
Icelina
Warning him? So he can be like "alright" and send the gold and create another character in 1 hour when im offline so he can leech again and when cought and warned to do the same thing? He should be happy its a character lock.
Drakk
I know ppl that leached over 5000 gold by doing exactly this ^^
Icelina
Names? smile.gif
MONOCHROME
QUOTE (TheDarkGod @ Sep 24 2009, 03:32 AM) *
I actully have to agree with this guy. Asking him before doing anything would be a nice choice.

But also leeching is bad so theres a 50/50 right there. So i suggest the ban should be reduced to 36 hours

No, the rules clearly state no form of gold leeching, he was proven to be gold leeching, the rules are the warning.
Nepenthe
Lol KursH pwned on LFG on that first picture. :DDd

" KursH: Jesus christ i had 4 kidneys at once on me! "
" Lolurmad: Thats how we do it. "
HealTicket
Lol icelina failing again :/
Mexitank
There should be no warning here, he is obviously leeching, so he should be banned. The real golden rule isn't treat other how you want to be treated, it's don't be a fucking douche.
Ipvpl
i agree.. i never saw anythiny rule about leeching.. so you can atleast give ppl a warning the first time... or just liek a 2day ban, no more..
Apathylol
If he was casting spells every few minutes to keep from going afk, ban him, it's obvious he's leeching.

If he doesn't do anything, either wait for him to go afk (officially), or come back, and give him a warning.

From the fact of Icelina seeing him 'serker rage every few minutes for 20 minutes, is fair enough to deserve that ban, and it's only a 3 day ban, catch up on your homework wink.gif
godslefthand
any 1 else see the paladin next to him also not afk and standing in the same spot at both SS's? tongue.gif
Zukiros
QUOTE (godslefthand @ Oct 3 2009, 05:32 AM) *
any 1 else see the paladin next to him also not afk and standing in the same spot at both SS's? tongue.gif

That's a vendor.. LOL!
Sixthsense
QUOTE (Zukiros @ Oct 8 2009, 01:08 PM) *
That's a vendor.. LOL!

WarBunny
QUOTE (godslefthand @ Oct 3 2009, 11:32 AM) *

You just lose the game...
Worc
On the topic of Gold leeching

I normally will go afk for like 1-2 minutes to grab a drink or w/e
Could that get me banned?

Whenever I'm making food or having a smoke break I will log out, but if I just run to the kitchen for something I just afk stealthed if I'm in AV.
juxti
no it cannot and Ty for necroing this thread
God Realm
QUOTE (Icelina @ Sep 24 2009, 09:37 AM) *
Doing something else than playing WoW with a character online hiding behind a wall in Lumbermill casting something every 3 minutes just not to go AFK and leech Gold is banable. Next time when you "do your homework" exit WoW or simply let the char go AFK. You werent "playing for 3 minutes" you were just shouting yourself not to go AFK.

First screenshot - 1:47
Second - 1:58 ( 11 minutes later )

where is the SS of using berserker rage? how can you prove, that he is using berserker rage? dry.gif
SodeNoShirayuki
im afraid to go to toilet or check skype or do forum either. if write /afk toilet/forun/skype im no sure if this helps me lol
shendel
I hate AFK ppl, if dont want to play just dont enter wow.
Many times horde loses bgs cuz are afks.
Sixthsense
QUOTE (God Realm @ Oct 25 2009, 12:59 PM) *
where is the SS of using berserker rage? how can you prove, that he is using berserker rage? dry.gif

Icelina
I didnt take a screenshot of the Berserker rage, the two screenshots within 11 minutes are a prove that he was evading the AFK tag.

Closed due to being an old thread and the ban is over ages ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.