Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best suggestion ever
Remnants of Chaos > General > Suggestion
Nhiyla
HOW ABOUT GETTING A DECENT HOST ??????? its fucking unplayable, thats the reason why ppl leave, not 3.2. stop making up excuses. i know so many ppl who actually left because of the unplayable bullshit we got right now. you'v said 3 weeks ago that u'll look into it and fix it ... still nothing happening, i cant even play a melee class cuz of those shitface lags. im right next to him, could even feel his breath if it was possible and it says out of range.
Fonaleb
QUOTE (Nhiyla @ Aug 19 2009, 11:04 AM) *
HOW ABOUT GETTING A DECENT HOST ??????? its fucking unplayable, thats the reason why ppl leave, not 3.2. stop making up excuses. i know so many ppl who actually left because of the unplayable bullshit we got right now. you'v said 3 weeks ago that u'll look into it and fix it ... still nothing happening, i cant even play a melee class cuz of those shitface lags. im right next to him, could even feel his breath if it was possible and it says out of range.

I stopped doing rated arena because of this. We kept getting rolled by groups because there healer would teleport everytime I got to 'em.
Royale
QUOTE (Fonaleb @ Aug 19 2009, 05:27 PM) *
I stopped doing rated arena because of this. We kept getting rolled by groups because there healer would teleport everytime I got to 'em.

Maybe it's their connection and not the host? I live in Europe and i have no problems with the American host.
Fonaleb
QUOTE (Royale @ Aug 19 2009, 11:34 AM) *
Maybe it's their connection and not the host? I live in Europe and i have no problems with the American host.

I have friends who teleport around like this and its not there connections... why you ask?

1. I played with them before moving hosts and this never happened before that.

2. It wouldn't happen to so many people if it was just there own connections...
Jesse
It's not the host. It's there connections.

This is happening on many private servers. I know because im on a lot of them. You just have to deal with it until something is done.
Syncron
QUOTE (Jesse @ Aug 19 2009, 04:41 PM) *
It's not the host. It's there connections.

This is happening on many private servers. I know because im on a lot of them. You just have to deal with it until something is done.

With the EU host , nobody complained about lag.
Now with the US host people is getting lagspikes =/ Which they said have been fixed.

It could be their connections too.
Jesse
Well it all depends on how many people are EU and how many are US

If more than half the server is EU then i suggest an EU host. There will be less complaining.
Nhiyla
its not my connection or how would u explain lagless gaming on other pservers? never had a problem like this, im having constant 450+ ms, up to 8k, even if its on 450 i got delay as it would be 4k+. cant do shit.

they should get EU host anyways since noone ever complained about it.
and ye, i guess there are more EU ppl here than US anyways.

I'm done aswel till the lag is fixed, looking for some other server meanwhile, spent 2 hours for it so far... sigh
Icelina
It isnt our Connections. As Syncron said with the old EU host nobody complained and nobody had those terrible lagspikes / "teleporting on your screen things". Im probably moving on retail soon if its still like that, i really love RoC but i just cant play it.
optical
Money doesn't grow on tree's. Rage threads help nothing. I am still trying to sort the movement issue, and i have made a few changes to the current build to see if it makes a difference.

The old host is unviable due to cost.

Rest assured, i am looking into it, however it is not an easy/quick fix as i cannot identify the issue, yet.

I am also currently in contact with the datacentre, who are performing maintenance and upgrades on their network today. We will see how that turns out.

Ontop of that, i may open donations so we can obtain additional funding, so that i can afford another host, switching hosts costs alot of money, and without donations, running the server is extremely costly (last month costed approx $600 due to having two dedi's in a transitional period, next month will cost $215)

I know, it sucks, its frustrating, it pisses me off as well, since im spending money and not getting any returns, and it isn't working correctly. We'll see how things turn out. I hope you understand where i am coming from here, if i could snap my fingers and fix it, i certainly would.
Nebbyz
Sometimes those fixes just screw thingz up, I had minor lags with 3.1.3 (US host), and now after changing the sever and patchin to 3.2 I cant play AT ALL with my inet.
wangsta
thank blizz evrybody ! THAANKS BLIZZ !!
zerox13
QUOTE (optical @ Aug 21 2009, 08:43 AM) *
Money doesn't grow on tree's. Rage threads help nothing. I am still trying to sort the movement issue, and i have made a few changes to the current build to see if it makes a difference.

The old host is unviable due to cost.

Rest assured, i am looking into it, however it is not an easy/quick fix as i cannot identify the issue, yet.

I am also currently in contact with the datacentre, who are performing maintenance and upgrades on their network today. We will see how that turns out.

Ontop of that, i may open donations so we can obtain additional funding, so that i can afford another host, switching hosts costs alot of money, and without donations, running the server is extremely costly (last month costed approx $600 due to having two dedi's in a transitional period, next month will cost $215)

I know, it sucks, its frustrating, it pisses me off as well, since im spending money and not getting any returns, and it isn't working correctly. We'll see how things turn out. I hope you understand where i am coming from here, if i could snap my fingers and fix it, i certainly would.

I really agreed with Opti It's not easy own a so big server as ROC As he say Money doesn't grow on tree's I feel it as a good idea to open donate to get some money laugh.gif If the host cost as much as opti say we really need donate to hole the server up and maybe in 2 months hope that we have grow big enough to make the host back in EU so we don't have insane lag all time tongue.gif
optical
See the news. after much hunting and reviewing i found a host which may solve the problems we are having wink.gif
Nhiyla
QUOTE (optical @ Aug 21 2009, 11:52 PM) *
See the news. after much hunting and reviewing i found a host which may solve the problems we are having wink.gif

luv u <3
xChronicle
QUOTE (Nhiyla @ Aug 21 2009, 11:31 PM) *
luv u <3

Bipolar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.