Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OPEN the freaking gate -.-
Remnants of Chaos > Alterac valley realm (PVP) > Suggestions
deathsalibi
Why do the gates at Drek and Vann shut? Everytime I die I get screwed over and cant get back threw the gate... I'm half tempted to just make a mage and blink threw it -.-" Also I heard the gate was there to stop the horde from Wiping Drek and alliance from wiping vann? was it really that bad? that was like a awesome money maker back when the server used to be really really good. I didn't mind being wiped, we would just go get revenge. Anyways Can you remove them or was there to many little kids QQing about it -.-"
asetas
QUOTE (deathsalibi @ Jul 26 2009, 09:36 AM) *
Why do the gates at Drek and Vann shut? Everytime I die I get screwed over and cant get back threw the gate... I'm half tempted to just make a mage and blink threw it -.-" Also I heard the gate was there to stop the horde from Wiping Drek and alliance from wiping vann? was it really that bad? that was like a awesome money maker back when the server used to be really really good. I didn't mind being wiped, we would just go get revenge. Anyways Can you remove them or was there to many little kids QQing about it -.-"

If you die no need for resurrection. Just stay there and you get the chance for mount. And yes the gates are because of the camping and needed indeed.
LampaN
I died. Stayed and waited for badges and mount. Didnt get.
Next time i died i ressurected and ran back. I got the badge and the mount. Lucky? I think i got the badge and stuff becus i had the most dps by like 300k
Marklar
QUOTE (LampaN @ Jul 26 2009, 01:59 PM) *
I think i got the badge and stuff becus i had the most dps by like 300k

No, it's random.
There was an AFK person who got it once. He didn't have <AFK> tag, but he was just standing there and some minutes after the fight, he got the AFK tag too -.-
Only those who are inside when the gate closes, and don't go /afk, can get things. If you go inside by relogging, someone fears you through, or you log in when the gates are already closed, you don't get marks or mount.
LampaN
QUOTE (Marklar @ Jul 26 2009, 12:20 PM) *
No, it's random.
There was an AFK person who got it once. He didn't have <AFK> tag, but he was just standing there and some minutes after the fight, he got the AFK tag too -.-
Only those who are inside when the gate closes, and don't go /afk, can get things. If you go inside by relogging, someone fears you through, or you log in when the gates are already closed, you don't get marks or mount.

Yeh. But i wasnt inside. I was at icewing cavern. I said that i died. And ressurected. And then i got the mount and badge when i was outside. So? How do u explain that.
Marklar
QUOTE (LampaN @ Jul 26 2009, 02:45 PM) *
Yeh. But i wasnt inside. I was at icewing cavern. I said that i died. And ressurected. And then i got the mount and badge when i was outside. So? How do u explain that.

Bug

I don't know the code but for me it looks like when the door closes, the players inside at that moment are listed somewhere and those players get marks and maybe the mount. So if someone goes inside after the gate closes, they don't get anything. But you just went out, and your name is still "on the list".
Rezlind
The gate was designed to prevent zerging. meaning it is more difficult, and provides incentive for healers to keep people alive.
Barbie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEfCJU6vrMw

Skip to 1:27ish in the video.

if you listen closely it's Relative.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.